Tuesday, February 2, 2010

From Youth to Thirty

I never thought I would get so nostalgic turning 30 this week...on Friday I'll be just another 30-something. I feel so young at heart...and have so many great memories of my youth. Recently I've been going through boxes of pictures. And when I say BOXES, I mean literally thousands and thousands of pictures from the last 30 years. The awkward chubby phases, the dated hairstyles, the embarrassing dates, the classic family portraits. I just posted a my favorites into an album on Facebook, which you can view here.

I've been getting things together for a totally RAD Birthday party on Friday...old retro toys, original Nintendo games, cassette tapes of Roxette, Color Me Badd, New Kids on the Block, MC Hammer; Saved By The Bell posters....basically the finest in pop culture from my 3 decades of life. Fondue, Friends, Family, and Fun...I can't wait. Want to come? Email me for details.

6 comments:

Parrylarious said...

Thirty is the beginning of your life!!! In my opinion the twenties pale in comparison to the grandeur of the thirties.

On a sadder note, my mom gave me tickets to Time Out for Women for my birthday. It's this weekend unfortunately; so we'll miss the party. BOO HOO!

ar said...

Nicole, your blog is great distraction from studying! Love it and consider it my soap opera. Especially fond of any soap box story.
As for your thirties, no worries you'll love them! You couldn't pay me to be twenty again! Great to see you are getting moved in. Andi

Lola says hi to Rosie!

Jill said...

I finally made it to your blog! I'm impressed you have your own dot com! DItto on being 30--I felt like people finally took me serious when I turned 30. Now 40 will be a different story...

Carrie said...

What an adorable little you!

Wow. Your take on the bachelor was interesting. That is some serious dedication. No wonder you have so many adventures as a pilot's wife and many ups and downs that have nothing to do with planes. I respect all that ten fold. I'm positive the gals didn't know and don't know what they signed up for. They just see the bright eyed smile. That's all. I'm sure!

Lori said...

I'm in my mid 40's and nobody beleives me that I'm a grandma, the only ones that beleive me are family. Guess not looking our age is a great blessing. Have fun on Friday, I'll be thinking of you, wish I was closer...wait I don't want that snow so better yet, I wish you were closer, haha

JMay said...

Aww, you were so cute!

Such a happy pic :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails