Wednesday, January 9, 2008

To work or not to work?

A few weeks ago, I'd made the decision to just stay at home and do school full-time in Michigan. I'm still wavering with the idea of working, because I know that our bank accounts are pretty dry and it's not going to get better anytime soon. So I was looking online this morning, and found this job that I want. This is the type of job that will get me out of bed in the morning!!! I applied, but I'm not really hopeful (It required a bachelor's degree plus experience) I don't know the pay either, but I have a feeling it's pretty commensurate with what I made in Cali.

We are currently seeking an Epidemiology Research Associate in our Ann Arbor, MI office. The Epidemiology Research Associate will work closely with project teams to assist in administrative and epidemiologic aspects of studies.

Major Responsibilities

  • Prepare agendas and take minutes at meetings
  • Data entry as needed
  • Assist in preparation of tables, reports, presentations and manuscripts
  • Work directly with project managers to identify other related tasks needed for project
  • Coordinate medical chart abstraction effort involving assistance in setting a timeline, utilize Access databases, mail letters and forms, participate in the creation of abstraction tools, assist with the development of training materials, train abstraction firms, track medical charts, follow up on pending charts, contact with abstraction firms, hospitals and doctor's offices as needed
  • Conduct literature reviews and summarize findings
  • Other administrative tasks deemed necessary

Qualifications:

  • Bachelors Degree plus experience (in related field)
  • Interest in public health, epidemiology and pharmaceuticals
  • Experience with Excel, PowerPoint and Access
  • Experience with medical records and/or claims data a plus

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails