Friday, November 21, 2008

On the Chopping Block


Work has been really rough since I gave my (premature?) notice three weeks ago. I guess I should have waited to tell my boss that I was leaving until I had a job offer...but I decided to be a KIND employee so she could rehire without being left stranded at my departure. Six weeks notice is definitely too long for an outgoing employee's sanity. Hopefully I'll hear back on the Emory job Tuesday or Wednesday. I was so ready to commit career suicide yesterday...

2 comments:

Lori said...

I probably would have told my boss too wayyy ahead of the necessary time, so they could "prepare" also. Being nice doesn't always work to our advantage down here on earth. Just remember what comes around goes around so they be mean to you, they're gonna get it back someday:-)

Lia said...

Sorry to hear things are rough!

Related Posts with Thumbnails