Thursday, November 27, 2008

My Gratitude List


Rosie is thankful for mom, me, cats, food, dad, toys, dog, and ... sister?
(No, that's not an announcement. She says she meant the turkey's sister)

This Thanksgiving is the first one that I've ever spent away from extended family. Taylor, Rosie and I are chilling in a chilly house in Georgia without any cousins, aunts, uncles, friends, siblings, or grandparents. Today we celebrated by watching 'The Four Christmases' and having our Thanksgiving feast at Golden Corral. It's been pretty understated and relaxed, but I can't help thinking about all my family I'm away from. And in "Me Too!" blogger style, here's my gratitude list:

My amazingly loving husband

My creative, sweet and beautiful daughter

Supportive and loving extended family

Many friends around the world, including my bloggin' friends

Employment, in a time of financial crisis

Shelter, in a time of foreclosure

Faith in the Gospel that keeps me on the straight and narrow

Culture and fun to keep me interesting and sane

Technology to keep me connected

Delicious food and drink to keep my clothes tight


Reliable transportation, by way of car and airplane

Blogging to let me get things off my chest and make new friends

HAVE A WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ditto, thankyou for the comment on my blog! This is one post I don't mind hi-jacking! ;)

Mandy said...

I am sorry you were away from family today ... we were too, even the husband had a trip!!

Love your list!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I agree strongly with your (following) points:

Delicious food and drink to keep my clothes tight

Blogging to let me get things off my chest and make new friends

Cara said...

You are too funny! I remember our Sam's Club trip...oh the good ole' days! You have a lot to be thankful for. Thanks for sharing your list!

Related Posts with Thumbnails